“….Denis gave this woman texture, movement, and emotion. He communicated her inner and outer worlds.
She always comes first, never the clothes….”
Donna Karan 2011
I. felt working with you was a passionate, intense, very well thought out and always a storyline.
2. Definitely headier. Couldn’t get away with just being a model being just a pretty face.
3. Taught me how to hold the camera to my tune and to direct from the camera from my side.
4. The good side was always high-quality interesting beautiful places, good food and great wine; We often lived the life or story we were shooting. Bad side holding positions for a long time, stiff necks could get overwhelming with intensity.
5. Felt vulnerable often, but made me think why and about the situation.
6. Felt sensuality was always an underlying current, was very important to all shootings.
7. Never an ordinary photoshoot, always interesting, intense, sensual and beautiful. Denis always created a special light and space in his photographs and shootings that would take you from an idea to reality, capturing a special moment in time of a certain lifestyle.
Rosemary McGrotha model, 2012